Wanted: change agent.
You’re a visionary and an entrepreneurial leader—and you’ve got a decade-plus of progressive, enterprise-level marketing experience. Directing omnichannel strategies that align with firm priorities is your sweet spot, and you’re no stranger to architecting change, either.
Be it through corporate branding, lead generation and cultivation, advisor marketing, or content marketing initiatives, your expertise will evolve Commonwealth’s marketing presence in the Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer landscape. Elevating and maintaining the integrity of the Commonwealth brand experience—across channels and platforms—comes with the territory.
As vice president of brand development and experience, you’ll report to and work closely with our chief marketing officer (CMO). You’ll also manage a team of marketing professionals, providing leadership that fosters creativity.
- Aiding the CMO and Marketing department in setting the enterprise-level marketing vision, as well as implementation and optimization planning
- Partnering with other marketing and Commonwealth leaders to implement the strategic brand framework and architecture, enabling the firm to engage key audiences in a compelling and unified way
- Supervising the strategy and execution of Commonwealth’s customer experience, particularly across the firm’s digital assets, in support of both advisor and client engagement
- Devising, measuring, and optimizing integrated marketing strategies to elevate Commonwealth’s brand visibility, drive prospective advisor engagement and conversion, and promote advisor retention
- Spearheading the evolution and integration of Commonwealth’s marketing technology capabilities to enable improved audience insights and advisor marketing services
- Constructing and managing a cross-function digital marketing team responsible for omnichannel brand experience strategy, encompassing UX/UI design, content strategy, and analytics optimization
- Establishing clear and measurable benchmarks/KPIs of omnichannel marketing efforts, as well as necessary reporting capabilities to properly evaluate and communicate progress
- Evaluating and improving the firm’s engagement, lead generation, and conversion efforts to deliver a more effective prospect acquisition strategy in support of field development efforts
- Implementing and adhering to best practice methodologies and cross-departmental collaboration for all enterprise-level initiatives
- Leading marketing insights practice to conduct audience and industry research on an as-needed basis, as well as continual performance metrics reporting and analysis for key initiatives
- Championing departmental cultural goals, implementing feedback loops and protocols for addressing issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related discipline; master’s degree preferred
- 10–15+ years of experience in marketing strategy, including brand strategy, content strategy, experience design, digital strategy and execution, SEO, integrated advertising, omnichannel marketing, and more
- An understanding of research methodologies, analytic tools, and marketing optimization
- Highly experienced in devising effective integrated campaigns and supporting assets for various audience stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex strategic projects in support of enterprise priorities
- Excellent communication skills with effectiveness across both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated experience with managing and motivating teams in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Proven ability to work with external vendors and agency partners
- Creative thinker with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong management skills across matrix organizations, as well as with direct reports
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Familiarity with demand generation marketing, marketing automation systems, and CRM systems
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.