Data Conversion Analyst, Commonwealth Equity Services, LLC, Waltham, MA
About the Opportunity:
Serve as a member of our Data Integrity team with responsibility for enhancing, managing, and incorporating new data sources into a proprietary portfolio management system. Will implement software solutions and ensure that data is processed correctly by all parts of Commonwealth’s proprietary systems.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Performing data conversions using a variety of software applications and systems, including:
- Translating and programming transforming rules for data from outside sources to Commonwealth’s portfolio management system;
- Defining data elements and requirements for product attributes;
- Researching and collecting missing product information such as corporate actions, historical prices and product valuation attributes;
- Running TWR (time weighted return) performance analysis processes and reviewing/adjusting data; and
- Finalizing the release of data with the customer.
- Maintaining computer system integrity and performing maintenance of the data conversion rule engine.
- Responding to data requests from our proprietary PPS Ops database.
- Working with the Commonwealth reporting team on technology requirements for financial reports enhancements and bug fixes.
- Working as a member of the software system escalation team to fix data issues and automated processes in our production system.
- Analyzing and providing solutions to data requests from within Commonwealth.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science or a closely related field and five years of experience as a Software Developer for financial systems. This experience must include experience working with the following: (i) calculations of performance returns (TWR and IRR); (ii) database architecture and processing for financial accounting and financial products operations; (iii) financial data conversion and data transformation; and (iv) technical customer service.