Are you comfortable traversing complex and interdependent data ecosystems? Does working within a hybrid on-prem cloud environment and establishing a cloud data road map sound exciting? We are looking to add a dynamic new member to our dev ops-modeled Agile team, which spans multifaceted skill sets to develop, manage, and administer hybrid on-prem and cloud-based business applications.
Our ideal data architect is someone who can bring comprehensive data architecture experience and is eager to rapidly develop his or her skill set.
- Leading hybrid on-prem/cloud multidiscipline development team (SharePoint/SPO, Office 365, client-server web apps) to create logical and efficient data ecosystems
- Developing and modifying procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security, and integration issues
- Analyzing complex data requirements and application and processing architectures; establishing data dictionaries and database schema(s)
- Developing advanced database and warehousing designs across multiple platforms and computing environments
- Devising strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery
- Designing, developing, amending, optimizing, and planning for migration to Azure SQL
- Implementing data security and protection features
- Leading DB architectural review
- Contributing to end-to-end application development
- 5+ years of progressive data architecture experience in on-premise and/or cloud/hybrid data systems
- 4+ years of IT experience with direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or business analytics, database management, and application development
- Experience in leading and defining data strategy, technology standards/best practices, and data governance process for the organization
- Experience and knowledge in developing enterprise data solutions to meet system requirements for application development, data analytics, data security, data migration, and archiving requirements
- Command of data modeling
- Adept data warehouse experience
- Practiced with database and program code performance tuning
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, and data sets through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL database technologies
- Coding and system skills to maintain SQL databases, SSIS, SSRS, packages, SQL Agent jobs, stored procedures, and linked servers
- Proficiency in the following scripting/languages: T-SQL, C#, SSMS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Experience with database task automation to support CI/CD process
- Knowledge of Azure SQL
- Familiarity with different Azure services like Databricks, HDInsight, Data Factory, and Data Catalog Analytics a plus
- Familiarity with BI data analytics and visualization tools a plus
- Comfortable working within Agile methodologies
- Able to communicate technical topics across audiences from varying levels of technical understanding
- Strong multitasking skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.