Do you thrive in the world of complex data ecosystems? Excel at providing technical leadership against business intelligence, enterprise analytics, and machine learning technologies? Are you interested in expanding your skill set even more?
We are looking for a senior technologist—an expert problem solver and a strong relationship builder, too—to serve as a leading contributor to our Business Intelligence and Analytics team. Working alongside a diverse set of business partners, you’ll be accountable for applying deep technical knowledge to deliver programs that enhance service provision, improve planning capabilities, and increase efficiency across the firm.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of complex data ecosystems and leading the technical team toward creating the best possible data and analytical ecosystems to meet our business needs
- Creating and implementing business intelligence and advanced analytics initiatives and solutions as part of the team
- Architecting, implementing, and standardizing varied data integration pipelines (e.g., SSIS, Informatica, Python, Hadoop, Spark, APIs)
- Designing, developing, and maintaining analytical infrastructure, ensuring reliability and performance
- Serving as strong advocate to improve analytical capability across the organization
- Participating in the full life cycle of developing, reporting, and integrating projects, including planning, design, development, testing, and rollout
- Delivering reference architectures, which outline architectural principles and best practices for technology advancement, as well as the creation of project artifacts, governance processes, and reference patterns
- Demonstrated broad understanding of enterprise data analytics and integration technologies with technical hands-on-skills and experience.
- Strong understanding of and ability to implement data modelling concepts, especially regarding data warehousing, tabular models, and advanced analytics environments
- Experience with designing, implementing, and managing application and data integration platforms (SSIS, Informatica, Talend)
- Experience in modelling, designing, and/or managing data marts and data warehouse platforms
- Strong background providing solutions and architecture in the enterprise, analytics, or data integration spaces
- Advanced ETL expertise, including optimization and auditing
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytics concepts, practices, methods, and principles
- A comprehensive understanding of industry trends and standards, including the architectural requirements for a variety of analytics applications
- Quick learner
- Strong teamwork, self-management, and problem-solving abilities
- Relationship builder and team player
Our ideal candidate would also have experience in several of these areas—and be willing to train on any gaps:
- Excellent data modelling experience, with preference toward tabular models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to use these skills with business and technology leaders, including executive leadership
- Experience designing and implementing ETL processes against unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data
- Managerial experience
Technical skills required and/or desired:
- SQL, Python, C#
- SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- SSRS, PBI, Tableau, Crystal
- Erwin, Embarcadero, PowerDesigner
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.