As a software quality assurance engineer, you will work closely with stakeholders to write and execute test cases and report on results. You will apply your self-starter mentality, can-do attitude, creative problem-solving skills, and technical expertise to ensure top-notch quality across multiple projects. Our workplace environment is fast paced, so the ability to stay on top of multiple projects is essential.
- Owning testing/software quality assurance activities for the team
- Working with a diverse, multinational team to identify and execute test activities
- Documenting and reporting on test case execution
- Writing test plans, cases, and strategies
- Reporting, analyzing, and tracking defects within Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Working closely with other QA team members, Software Development, vendors, and stakeholders
- Producing timely released, high-quality solution releases
- Participating in team standups, planning, and other meetings
- Designing test scope, approaches, and strategies
- Creating test plans and cases as appropriate; possibly directing others to execute
- Designing or locating test data
- Ensuring that appropriate tests are executed during development and upon deployment
- Collaborating with the team to identify areas of high risk and root causes of problems
- Working closely with the team and developers to detect, prioritize, and fix defects
- Providing appropriate status and risk assessment for management
- Improving the QA team by finding and implementing process improvements, as well as by mentoring more junior members of the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, as well as changing priorities
- Ability to think abstractly; deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems
- Proficient in manual test development and execution
- Strong understanding of financial investment systems, including, but not limited to, performance calculations, fee billing and calculation, corporate actions, and account reconciliation
Additional skills and knowledge
- 4+ years of testing experience in information services/technology
- Experience leading and coordinating work across agile project teams
- Proficient in manual test development, execution, and reporting
- Experience in automation test development, execution, and reporting
- 2+ years of SQL experience; writing and executing complex queries, data mining, and so forth
- Experience writing and executing test cases, maintaining a test case backlog, and working with QA automation engineers
- Prior work in agile and Scrum environments
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment; knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio and/or Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with testing web-based applications; SaaS and cloud platform experience a plus
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems
- Previous experience with financial services and/or working in a regulated environment is a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.