You’re an effective storyteller—a savvy firm spokesperson who can develop strong relationships with senior business and media leaders and devise impactful omnichannel marketing outreach. As the vice president of corporate communications, you will be responsible for developing an integrated communications strategy that aligns with Commonwealth Financial Network®’s priorities and allows the firm to strengthen its brand presence among key external audiences and influencers.
Reporting directly to the senior vice president and chief marketing officer, you will lead all aspects of Commonwealth’s public and media relations, social media, and advertising efforts.
The ideal candidate is a versatile, motivated self-starter with a track record of success in the public relations, social media, and communications fields.
- Aiding the senior vice president and chief marketing officer and Marketing department in setting enterprise-level marketing communication priorities and ensuring successful implementation
- Supervising a highly skilled team of PR and marketing professionals, as well as various vendor and agency partners
- Cultivating partnerships among key media personnel and publications to expand Commonwealth’s public awareness as an industry leader and newsmaker
- Creating media relations campaign strategies and identifying media-worthy content opportunities that will further the Commonwealth brand in the industry
- Supervising the development of ongoing editorial calendars and helping the team proactively pitch new ideas that will build increasing media exposure for the firm and its representatives
- Devising an integrated advertising and communications campaign strategy to elevate Commonwealth’s brand visibility, drive prospective advisor engagement, and promote advisor retention
- Supporting Field Development recruitment efforts through integration of targeted e-mail, direct mail, and paid media initiatives
- Establishing clear and measurable benchmarks/KPIs of omnichannel marketing efforts, as well as necessary reporting capabilities to properly evaluate and communicate progress
- Managing media planning efforts across Commonwealth’s media partners to maximize advertising spend effectiveness
- Developing the firm’s social media strategy to better engage organic followers and social influencers
- Overseeing Corporate Communications team daily activities, including staffing and resources, budgeting, and communications planning
- Implementing and adhering to best practice methodologies and cross-departmental collaboration for all enterprise-level initiatives
- Championing departmental cultural goals, and implementing feedback loops and protocols for addressing issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or related discipline; master’s degree preferred
- 12+ years’ experience in public relations and marketing in the financial services industry, including (but not limited to) media relations, brand strategy, social media strategy, content strategy, integrated advertising, media planning, and omnichannel marketing
- Deep experience in media relations and PR campaign development and execution
- Understanding of research methodologies, analytic tools, and media/marketing optimization
- Highly experienced in devising effective integrated campaigns and supporting assets for various audience stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex strategic projects in support of enterprise priorities
- Excellent communication skills, with effectiveness across both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Proven ability to work with external vendors and agency partners
- Creative thinker with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong management skills and an ability to manage both direct reports and across matrix organizations
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.