Are you an experienced cloud systems engineer with Azure experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to take your technical and product expertise—and combine it with your understanding of our clients’ and customers’ needs—in order to solve their complex business challenges?
As a cloud systems engineer on the Application Solutions team, you will be responsible for providing support and managing migrations, optimizations, and deployments for a wide range of Microsoft Cloud (Azure/Office 365) technologies within Commonwealth’s application portfolio.
- Collaborating with application architects and DevOps to modernize our on-premise platform to evolve as infrastructure as a service (IaaS) applications or platform as a service (PaaS); assisting in the administration and governance of Azure Cloud Services
- Working closely with operational resources to update their on-premise practices and architectures to include cloud service technologies
- Working closely with Application, Network and Security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure-architected design patterns
- Developing, implementing, and testing data backup and recovery and disaster recovery procedures
- Writing and maintaining clear, concise documentation; runbooks; and operational standards, including infrastructure diagrams
- Evaluating existing infrastructure and applications running within Azure to ensure proper automation of operations and optimization is in place
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in development, test, and production environments
- Educating and mentoring product teams and junior engineers
- Providing best practices for building secure and reliable applications on cloud platforms
- Documenting process, platform, and workflow details, including high- and low-level designs of technical requirements
- Troubleshooting issues identified during the delivery of new or existing systems and resolving them in a timely manner
- Providing escalation-level support for the IT organization and the corporate HelpDesk
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms
- 3+ years of cloud services architecture experience in engineering technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure; specific, hands-on experience with Office 365, Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking), Azure Services, Azure AD, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, and PowerShell scripting required
- 3+ years of experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment; administering and configuring Office 365 Productivity Suite, OneDrive, Skype for Business, and Teams
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online and/or ServiceNow a plus
- Experience with change management a plus
- Experience building solutions with Microsoft PowerApps, Power BI, Forms, and Flow a plus
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage and keep track of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)/continuous delivery (CD) models within an agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Knowledge of networking topologies and engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), firewalls, load balancers, and gateway devices
- Experience working with regulated environments (PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Azure certifications a plus (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification)
- Ability to communicate and present complex information to technical and nontechnical stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.