Are you an experienced full-stack software engineer who wants to work collaboratively with product teams to create and support rich, interactive applications that help end users manage their data and processes? In this opportunity on the Application Solutions team, you will use DevOps and agile processes to deliver desired functionality quickly while iterating to continue development. You will own all aspects of development, from UX planning to deployment for applications in Commonwealth’s application portfolio.
As a full-stack software engineer, you will bring strong system architecture experience and a solid understanding of cloud platform design.
- Designing, developing, testing, and deploying highly scalable, complex applications
- Helping to develop the growth of a new engineering team
- Conducting code reviews and design sessions
- Working on a highly collaborative, mission-driven, agile product team
- Identifying and implementing solutions in conjunction with (or independent of) a development team
- Consulting with designers, developers, and architects to evaluate and develop product specifications
- Tracking project status and communicating progress effectively to internal management and external stakeholders
- Developing, testing, and reviewing code and applications
- Integrating with web testing services for unit, functional, and scalability testing
- Minimum 4–8 years designing, developing, configuring, implementing, and managing applications
- 4+ years of programming experience in C# or VB.NET, including ASP.NET, web services, MVC, WinForms, WFP apps, and Web APIs
- Programming experience with stored procedures, Entity Framework, or similar ORM frameworks
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests using Visual Studio, NUnit, or similar frameworks
- Experience visualizing UIs and the ability to customize components to fit the application
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and design approach to development
- A proven ability to translate key business requirements into application design
- Proficiency in at least one dynamic programming language
- Working knowledge of private clouds such as Azure and OpenStack
- Ability to think abstractly; comfortable dealing with ambiguous or undefined problems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, or similar field preferred
- Experience with relational databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with agile software development processes, including Scrum
- Working knowledge of continuous integration (CI) platforms (Azure DevOps) and source control systems (Git)
- Working knowledge of common architectural patterns, design patterns, and best practices
- Ability to create and review architectural diagrams, flowcharts, and road maps to identify completeness, areas of concern, and use of best practices
- Working knowledge with cloud deployment and modern DevOps tools and practices
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, as well as changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
- Experience working in financial services and/or a regulated environment a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.