Are you an experienced DevOps/release engineer who wants to lead technical development efforts?
This opportunity on our Application Solutions team will put you in charge of driving the continuous integration and deployment of Commonwealth’s application portfolio.
In collaboration with other Application Solutions team members, as well as IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance teams, you will ensure the successful and timely deployment of products. You will develop processes and procedures to automate the release pipeline to package together all elements of a solution, including compiled application software, configuration data, application data, and documentation. This is a new position on a new team, giving you the opportunity to influence direction and build a modern DevOps pipeline.
- Implementing and maintaining a release pipeline ecosystem with stability, consistency, responsiveness, and fault tolerance
- Managing releases to a three-tiered environment: development, testing, and production
- Monitoring performance and providing continuous feedback to the Development team
- Collaborating across Development, Software Quality Assurance, and Operations teams to define and promote best practices and facilitate the distribution of high-quality solution releases in both on-premise and cloud environments
- Developing and maintaining fully automated builds/continuous integration of both custom and third-party applications in Commonwealth’s application portfolio
- Continuously improving the reliability and performance of test and build processes
- Maintaining the source code repositories; assisting in refining and building development workflows and leveraging tools to support them
- Ensuring the release pipeline complies with applicable standards and is auditable
- Presenting accurate deployment effort estimates and providing timely updates
- Working with teams to improve scalability and supportability of products
- Staying current with new release technologies, policies, processes, and practices and being proactive about knowledge sharing
- Working with Development and Software Quality Assurance teams to integrate automated testing in the release pipeline; streamlining the communication and process of release testing across multiple environments
- Serving as the technical subject matter expert on releases
- Documenting process, platform, and workflow details including high- and low-level designs of technical requirements
- Troubleshooting issues identified during the delivery of new or existing systems and resolving them in a timely manner
- Engaging in on-call support as needed
- 3+ years of technical experience with the software development lifecycle in an agile (Scrum) environment
- 3+ years of experience with C#, .NET Core, MSBuild, PowerShell, and Visual Studio
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with source code, build, and continuous integration-related tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Git, Perforce, and Jenkins
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience releasing to a cloud environment such as AWS or Azure and/or cloud-based release management through application such as Azure DevOps
- Experience with change management a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and ServiceNow a plus
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage and keep track of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to introduce and explain complex technical concepts
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.