Do you enjoy finding creative technical solutions to business problems? Are you adaptable, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment? If so, you may be the right fit for our expanding Application Solutions Development team.
We are looking for someone who’s highly analytical to join us in working to help design, develop, and deliver the most modern and efficient tools and business solutions. As a team, our areas of focus include the development and support of internal systems, as well as third-party applications; product management; business systems analysis; software quality assurance and automation; development operations; database analysis and development; release management; cloud platform solution architecture; web development; and UI/UX design.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating user needs to create solutions that support overall business strategies
- Documenting system requirements; defining scope and objectives
- Analyzing system functionality to identify risks and gaps; providing alternative solutions and recommendations
- Determining size, complexity, and dependencies of a solution by reviewing business rules, use cases, user stories, and so forth
- Analyzing system data inputs/outputs using Microsoft SQL to advise on system anomalies and assist with requirements definition
- Working with business stakeholders to define, prioritize, and draft business requirements
- Converting requirements into various types of models or diagrams such as process mapping, decision tables, value streams, and data flows
- Translating business and functional requirements into technical requirements, and then into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Acting as the primary liaison between application development and business departments, translating requirements to system specifications
- Meeting with subject matter experts to identify and document all system requirements
- Creating system specifications that drive solution development and implementation
- Conducting walk-throughs of all completed specifications with the team to ensure that the documentation is complete and development estimates are accurate
- Collaborating on root cause analysis, application of business rules, workflow issues, and internal/external interfaces for system impact analysis
- Collaborating with developers and QA testers on solution functions; verifying and validating code updates and data fix changes
- Reviewing test results for quality assurance to confirm acceptance criteria is met for user acceptance testing
- Working with vendors to implement new systems and/or modify and maintain toolsets
- 5+ years’ experience performing business and systems analysis and requirement definitions for IT solutions and systems documentation
- 3+ years’ experience working with MS SQL
- Knowledgeable in all stages of a project life cycle, including planning, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems and participating in defining resolution strategies
- Experienced with Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), and/or Azure DevOps
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Possess dual business competence and technical expertise
- Familiarity with Office 365 applications/Azure platform
- Adaptable, flexible personality; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Financial services background a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth Financial Network® will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.