Does the word “versatile” fit you to a T? Do the roles of consultant, coach, project manager, and strategist describe the contributions you’ve made in your business career? As a senior practice management consultant, you will design and implement strategic solutions to solve the wide variety of complex busness issues our top-level advisors face. Using your extensive consulting experience and relationship-building skills, you will help our advisors thrive in their businesses, with Commonwealth’s support.
- Responding to complex advisor practice management challenges and issues with passion and creativity
- Engaging with many of our top firms to address their most pertinent business issues, including business strategy, leadership, human resources, operations, marketing, business risk, growth strategies, business transitions, and partnership formation/dissolution
- Establishing long-term relationships with firms to help them progress toward their goals
- Taking a thought leadership role in a practice management area of interest; creating white papers
- Designing our consulting solutions to address complex business issues and participating in preparing the team to respond to the evolution of the industry and our advisors’ firms
- Leveraging strong problem-solving skills and experience to find solutions for scenarios that are outside of the norm or unique to the firm
- Identifying and developing strategies to help advisory firms make greater use of Commonwealth’s offerings, such as technology, operational efficiency resources, wealth management services, and compliance guidance, as well as practice management consulting
- Offering ideas and suggestions that support the team’s commitment to providing and improving upon value-added services
- Participating in training new hires for whom practice management or consulting may be new, as requested
- Presenting at Practice Management programs and Commonwealth conferences, as requested
- Writing for the Commonwealth Business Review and the Commonwealth Independent Advisor blog, as requested
- Thinking strategically about new value-added contributions from Practice Management
- Creating documents and integrating value-added projects to help firms learn about critical practice management issues
- Going on 1–3 site visits per month, as well as other travel as requested or required
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry, the RIA and broker/dealer landscape, and general business management issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure
- Ability to work as both a collaborative team member and an individual contributor as workload and direction demonstrate; strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening and follow-up skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-demand, dynamic environment
Additional skills and knowledge
- 10+ years of experience as a consultant
- 10+ years of experience in the practice management arena, with broad and deep knowledge of the issues facing small business owners and financial advisors
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
- FINRA Series 7 securities registration desirable
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth Financial Network® will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.