As an enterprise architect at Commonwealth Financial Network, you will be responsible for defining architecture strategies, while driving innovation and architecture roadmaps and blueprints across the organization. You will be on the front line of the architecture team providing leadership and mentorship to the business and technical areas, delivering architecture, design, and development of technology standards, as well as executing best practices and shared services across lines of business.
- Leading the formulation of strategies, target states, and roadmaps for multiple areas including cloud strategy, integration, API management, identity and access Management, CRM, content management, customer experience, content management, and so forth
- Defining enterprise architecture practice with supporting processes and technologies
- Supporting current state analysis to identify opportunities for business development and IT process optimization
- Working closely with infrastructure, information security, data, application, and other architects to define technology standards and promote reusability of IT assets
- Leading Architecture Review Board (ARB) to facilitate key technology and solution decisions
- Participating in application and infrastructure architecture design to increase security, reliability, predictability, and manageability of deployed solutions
- Developing standard IT processes to document architecture and design artifacts
- Developing architecture templates for documenting design artifacts, including 4+1 views
- Leading research, innovation, and proof-of-concept implementation of new technologies
- Participating in vendor technology due diligence and selection
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions
- Excellent problem-solving, organization, communication, and documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience leading architecture strategies and execution
- Strong ability to design complex enterprise systems and solutions involving user experience, integration, BI and data analytics, security, compliance, and so forth
- Experience and deep knowledge in CRM SaaS platform (such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce) and/or other SaaS solutions
- Experience leading and coordinating cross-functional teams in a collaborative team environment
- A strong understanding of PMO and SDLC processes and technologies
- A customer-first mindset and ability to communicate complex technical concepts with individuals across varying levels and functions of the organization
Additional skills and knowledge
- Management experience leading and developing talents in architecture
- Significant experience in designing at least one of the public cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GPC)
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.