Are you passionate about creating elevated user experiences and immersive e-learnings? As a senior e-learning developer, you will design, develop, and curate learning solutions and resources used by technology professionals to create and maintain holistic learning experiences.
As a member of our agile Learning and Development team, you will help individuals and teams fulfill learning outcomes in a user-centered and goal-directed way. This position will report to the vice president of learning and development.
- Creating custom-built quiz interactions that are easily scalable and editable
- Creating software simulations that track users’ input and responses and calculate accuracy
- Collecting data from interactions to measure KPI progress
- Using illustrative design style to help visualize a course narrative
- Designing and creating courses and learning paths, considering the user experience throughout the development process and adjusting or refining the project as necessary
- Creating templates to be used in multiple e-learning courses
- Prototyping learning interactions using of a variety of tools to test the validity of learning interactions
- Creating storyboards for interactive, animated, or video content that helps stakeholders tie visual elements to voice-over
- Working with subject matter experts to create and design content for e-learning courses
- Writing interactive content for eLearning courses and video/animation
- Producing and editing audio recordings
- Creating demo software applications for video assets
- Producing, filming, and editing video content cohesive to audience
- Creating motion graphics
- Authoring course outlines, video outlines, and video scripts
- Ensuring web optimization for all courses, audio recordings, and materials
- Creating, designing, and editing characters and animations to support learning objectives
- Using 3D modeling software to create environments for e-learning narratives
- 8+ years of experience in application development or equivalence in developing learning experiences in a corporate environment is required
- 8+ years of experience in computer science, systems engineering, or similar field is preferred
- Experience with relational databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL
- 5+ years of experience with motion graphics and animation (web and video)
- 5+ years of programming experience in C# or VB.NET, including ASP.NET, web services, MVC, WinForms, WFP apps, and Web APIs
- Experience with modern technologies, tools, and methodologies, such as MVC, JS frameworks, and the like
- Strong UI/UX foundation
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.