Do you have at least 3 years of experience in a compliance or supervisory role, as well as (at a minimum) your FINRA Series 7 and 24 securities registrations? Is your attention to detail exceptional? How about your ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes?
As Commonwealth’s Compliance department, our focus is on following the rules and regulations set forth by the SEC, FINRA, MSRB, NFA, and individual states, but it is just as important that our approaches to customer service and communication are top notch, too. Our Surveillance team is looking for someone who understands that balance—a proactive, objective, and analytically minded problem-solver.
The Surveillance team is responsible for reviewing internal exception reports, with an eye toward identifying patterns and trends that might require further follow-up. When necessary, we influence and persuade advisors to take corrective action to help them protect their clients and their practice.
- Working directly with the surveillance manager and Compliance team—as well as with other business units and the firm’s advisors—to objectively and diplomatically provide surveillance findings, reporting, and resolutions
- Exchanging thorough and detailed written communications with the firm’s advisors, business units, investment sponsor partners, and regulatory bodies
- Analyzing and monitoring daily, weekly, and/or monthly exception reports and data analytics on the firm’s and our advisors’ accounts to identify potential violations of firm, product sponsor, or regulatory policies, as well as potential sales practice issues
- Conducting both written and verbal inquiries of exception report activity when necessary, evaluating the explanation of the activity, and asking additional questions or providing appropriate follow-up guidance and solutions
- Identifying and escalating problematic issues to the surveillance manager, as well as proactively offering recommendations and solutions
- Working independently and in conjunction with others to drive the efficient and effective completion of assigned project initiatives
- Strong analytical, quantitative analysis, investigative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to consistently provide a high level of attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex information to advisors and in-house staff—in writing and in oral presentations
- Ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to coordinate activities, resources, and information to keep project goals on schedule and running smoothly
- A good team player who is prepared to take a supportive role when required and assist others on short notice
Additional skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of Registered Investment Adviser and broker/dealer regulations, investment advisory services, and securities products and trading strategies
- In-depth knowledge of complex investment products—such as options, leveraged and inverse ETFs, direct participation programs, and variable annuities—strongly desired
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 securities registrations a must
- At least 3 years of experience in a compliance or supervisory role required; prior experience in audit, surveillance, trade desk, investment research, or branch office supervision beneficial
- Experience with risk identification and assessment strongly desired
- Experience working on projects and other tasks structured in stages and with deadlines for interim deliverables
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.