Are you passionate about the evolution and market success of meaningful brands? As our director of brand and campaigns, you will collaborate with Marketing leadership and our cross-functional Agile teams to shape Commonwealth’s identity in the financial services industry. Expect to lead the strategy, development, and execution of brand campaigns designed to attract the unique financial advisors who partner with Commonwealth for support and growth of their practices.
You will use your deep marketing and strategic planning experience to steward the evolution of the Commonwealth brand with partners in Marketing leadership. Our ideal partner is equally passionate about creative and analytics and is skilled at working across teams to align stakeholders in the pursuit of outcome-driven brand experiences.
- Leading the development and creation of breakthrough programs that promote Commonwealth by strategizing compelling integrated marketing campaigns to create emotional connections with future Commonwealth advisors and drive their interest through appropriate multichannel activities
- Developing strategic plans and creative briefs with inspiring insights and clear, actionable goals; providing cross-functional leadership and direction to translate strategy into tactics and action
- Partnering with internal teams to build brand executions that resonate with the types of advisors with whom Commonwealth seeks to partner and that deliver against KPIs and messaging goals
- Effectively leveraging first-party and industry data and research to understand advisor needs, identify meaningful insights, and create compelling brand messaging
- Partnering with Field Development and Transition to determine successful lead generation and nurturing strategy, ensuring an optimal experience for prospective advisors across Commonwealth touchpoints
- Conducting A/B testing of creative executions to gauge market effectiveness and show continuous improvement of campaign execution and performance
- Contributing to the refinement of brand positioning to drive awareness and preference within the evolving marketplace
- Driving critical new thinking behind content, creative, and right-channel utilization, focusing on the target audience and how it consumes branded content across channels
- Tracking and managing brand business performance by analyzing market and competitor trends and the effect of different online and offline channels on each other; develop and implement innovative strategies for improvement and growth
- Growing peers and junior marketing personnel through coaching, knowledge sharing, and feedback
- Collaborative approach to creating a results-driven and team-oriented environment; ability to relay analytical insight to internal and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority and marketing sophistication
- Demonstrated ability to establish highly effective cross-functional partnerships
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively
- Effective communicator: an excellent listener, speaker, and writer
Additional skills and knowledge
- 10+ years of brand, strategic planning, or account management experience within a marketing/business intelligence environment
- Extensive experience in creating and analyzing multichannel marketing campaigns and identifying and validating strategic and tactical marketing objectives
- Experience with analytical and reporting tools, including Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer, and Qualtrics, plus the desire to learn new tools
- Working understanding of user experience design principles and iterative development methodologies
- Experience in financial services a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth Financial Network will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth Financial Network is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.