As director of solution engineering, you will oversee the creation of multiplatform, cloud-based development strategies and the implementation of scalable, best-in-class solutions for our rapidly expanding business. In this highly collaborative position, you will move projects from concept to successful rollout. You will provide overall technical leadership for multiple delivery projects and work closely with business and technical leadership to influence decisions regarding business process changes.
- Leading a team responsible for the design, development, and support of multiple applications across several third-party platforms
- Leading the evaluation, design, and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements, and enterprise standards
- Developing a multiplatform strategy for delivering high-value business solutions rapidly and on time
- Delivering solutions for multiple strategic initiatives
- Managing the delivery project budget, scope, schedule, risks, and resources through collaborative interaction with other IT resource managers
- Establishing KPIs to manage the risk and performance of delivery teams and projects
- Delivering project communications and providing updates on key issues and progress to senior management and customers
- Working closely with product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements
- Working closely with technical managers and project managers to support initiatives and projects as requested
- Identifying issues proactively and providing general guidance to resolve program and team challenges
- Maintaining knowledge of status, milestones, issues, and key data for assigned programs and serving as the conduit for information and updates
- Working with others on the Application Solutions leadership team (including the director of application development) to drive best practices in solution development, testing, and production deployment
- Understands how specific technology solutions work, know what questions to ask, and an ability to dig into the details
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a nontechnical audience and be an effective bridge from business to technology
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise system designs
- Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
- Expert knowledge of project management, including budget and resource management
- Problem-solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
- Excellent business communication and time-management skills
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- 10+ years of IT and business/industry work in software engineering or solutions architecture leadership positions
- Experience leading high-performing development teams on various technology platforms (e.g., ServiceNow, Salesforce, Microsoft Power Platform, and Automation Anywhere)
- Understanding of industry trends in software development, architecture, data, and cloud platforms (domain experience in financial technology a plus)
- Knowledge of cloud architectures, as well as familiarity with one or more cloud providers (e.g., Azure, AWS, or Google)
- In-depth knowledge of software and solution development and product life cycle methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall), IT roles (e.g., Product Owner, Scrum Master, and DevOps), and tools (e.g., Jira, Azure, and DevOps)
- Experience with RPA/automation tools a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
Picture Yourself Here
Imagine keeping company with big thinkers and even bigger doers who share a common purpose to make a profound difference. Figure in an experience-it-to-believe-it culture, massive growth potential, and benefits galore, and you get the full impression.
We are committed to providing a supportive, equitable environment where you can bring your full, authentic self to your work every day and truly thrive in meaningful ways. Where you can be yourself and belong. Where you can build a career and find community.
At Commonwealth, everyone plays a part in our success story—and in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we are broadening our perspectives and capabilities. Together, our potential is limitless. Come join us on the pathway to a brighter future!
Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser, provides a suite of business solutions that empowers more than 2,000 independent financial advisors nationwide.
J.D. Power ranks Commonwealth “#1 in Independent Advisor Satisfaction Among Financial Investment Firms, Seven Times in a Row.” Privately held since 1979, the firm has headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
Turning our advisors into raving fans starts by doing the same for our employees. We foster an environment of excellence, growth, rewards, and fun in equal measure, so our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work. Our refreshing workplace culture has earned us 43 Best Place to Work awards—and counting.
The Fine Print
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer, making intentional efforts to source candidates from all backgrounds.