Are you an experienced full-stack software developer who wants to work collaboratively with product teams to create and support rich, interactive applications that help end users manage their data and processes? In this role on the Application Solutions team, you will use DevOps and Agile processes to deliver desired functionality quickly while iterating to continue development. You will own all aspects of development, from UX planning to deployment for applications in Commonwealth’s application portfolio.
As a full-stack software developer, you will bring strong system architecture experience and a solid understanding of cloud platform design to provide best-in-class solutions to complex business problems by using Commonwealth’s modern tech stack.
- Owning the full software development life cycle, including design, development, testing, and support
- Understanding user requirements, proposing solutions, conducting analysis, and performing design prior to development
- Working on a highly collaborative, mission-driven, Agile product team
- Integrating applications using API-led and cloud-first architectural design patterns with in-house custom applications and third-party SaaS providers
- Leading vendor contract developers on various integrations, providing appropriate guidance and oversight that ensures alignment with enterprise architecture
- Helping develop a new engineering team
- Conducting code reviews and design sessions
- Identifying and implementing solutions independently and in conjunction with a development team
- Consulting with designers, developers, and architects to evaluate and develop product specifications
- Tracking project status and communicating progress effectively to internal management and external stakeholders
- Integrating with web testing services for unit, functional, and scalability testing
- Ability to visualize UIs and customize components to fit the application
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and design approach to development
- Proven ability to translate key business requirements into application design
- Ability to think abstractly and comfortable dealing with ambiguous or undefined problems
- Ability to create and review architectural diagrams, flowcharts, and road maps to identify completeness, areas of concern, and use of best practices
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, as well as changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and nontechnical)
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, or similar field preferred
- Minimum 8–10 years of experience designing, developing, configuring, implementing, and managing applications
- 10+ years of programming experience in C#, including ASP.NET, web services, MVC, WinForms, WFP apps, and web APIs
- Experience working in financial services and/or a regulated environment a plus
- Experience programming with stored procedures, Entity Framework, or similar ORM frameworks
- Prior system or application integration experience with third-party products such as Salesforce, MuleSoft, and Azure Service Hub
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes, including Scrum
- Working knowledge of continuous integration (CI) platforms (Azure DevOps), source control systems (Git), private clouds such as Azure and OpenStack, cloud deployment, and modern DevOps tools and practices
- Working knowledge of common architectural patterns, design patterns, and best practices
- Proficiency in at least one dynamic programming language
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
Picture Yourself Here
Imagine keeping company with big thinkers and even bigger doers who share a common purpose to make a profound difference. Figure in an experience-it-to-believe-it culture, massive growth potential, and benefits galore, and you get the full impression.
We are committed to providing a supportive, equitable environment where you can bring your full, authentic self to your work every day and truly thrive in meaningful ways—personally and professionally. At Commonwealth, everyone plays a part in our success story. And in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we are broadening our perspectives and capabilities. Together, our potential is limitless. We invite you to join us on the path to a brighter future!
Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser, provides a suite of business solutions that empowers more than 2,000 independent financial advisors nationwide. J.D. Power ranks Commonwealth “#1 in Independent Advisor Satisfaction Among Financial Investment Firms, Seven Times in a Row.” Privately held since 1979, the firm has headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
Turning our advisors into raving fans starts by doing the same for our employees. We foster an environment of excellence, growth, rewards, and fun in equal measure, so our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work. Our refreshing workplace culture has earned us 43 Best Place to Work awards—and counting.
The Fine Print
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer, making intentional efforts to source the very best talent from all backgrounds.