Are you experienced with data management disciplines? Do you work efficiently, balancing multiple roles and projects? Our in-house Development team is looking for a senior data architect to build a first-class data platform that serves data analytics and enables artificial intelligence across all of Commonwealth.
As a member of our team, you will enforce data management best practices, data standards, data management policies, and rules across different functional areas of the company.
- Creating data architecture for application solutions; generating data management artifacts, including data models, dictionaries, catalogues and flows; extract, transform, and load (ETL) source-to-target mappings, and testing use cases
- Implementing a data and analytics platform; providing a systematic process or framework to access and share data across various business units
- Developing conceptual, logical, and physical data models, based on business requirements, to support applications from business units
- Ensuring application data architecture aligns with the analytics platform and data governance
- Providing technical direction and collaboration with the data product management team and business units
- Participating in cloud data warehouse implementation, including data model design, ETL process coding, data archiving, and recovery
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies for data management, storage, and analytics
- Developing and maintaining data warehouse ETL processes to solve complex data problems, including performance, scalability, security, and integration issues
- Analyzing the current data flows of various systems (i.e., software components, technologies, business processes); incorporating this knowledge into various data applications
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams
- Experience migrating code, database changes, and data sets through various stages of the development life cycle
- Coding and system skills to maintain SQL databases, SSIS, SSRS, packages, SQL Server Agent jobs, stored procedures, and linked servers
- Comfortable working within agile methodologies; experience using JIRA and Azure DevOps as continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Skilled at independently with minimal supervision; can organize and prioritize tasks efficiently to meet deadlines and goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; with strong written and verbal communication, accountability, and time management capabilities
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment using agile methodologies
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience with data model design (conceptual, logical, physical), strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and columnar databases
- Working knowledge of enterprise data management solutions and platforms, including MDM, data governance, metadata management, ETL, data quality management and data warehouse management
- Familiarity with data modeling and ETL processes in a customer relationship manager system is a plus
- Azure cloud technology, Azure SQL, and Snowflake experience is a big plus
- A minimum of 10 years of data management experience within a large company
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
Picture Yourself Here
Imagine keeping company with big thinkers and even bigger doers who share a common purpose to make a profound difference. Figure in an experience-it-to-believe-it culture, massive growth potential, and benefits galore, and you get the full impression.
We are committed to providing a supportive, equitable environment where you can bring your full, authentic self to your work every day and truly thrive in meaningful ways—personally and professionally. At Commonwealth, everyone plays a part in our success story. And in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we are broadening our perspectives and capabilities. Together, our potential is limitless. We invite you to join us on the path to a brighter future!
Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser, provides a suite of business solutions that empowers more than 2,000 independent financial advisors nationwide. J.D. Power ranks Commonwealth “#1 in Independent Advisor Satisfaction Among Financial Investment Firms, Eight Times in a Row.” Privately held since 1979, the firm has headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
Turning our advisors into raving fans starts by doing the same for our employees. We foster an environment of excellence, growth, rewards, and fun in equal measure, so our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work. Our refreshing workplace culture has earned us 43 Best Place to Work awards—and counting.
The Fine Print
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer, making intentional efforts to source the very best talent from all backgrounds.