Do you have broad experience with data management disciplines? Can you manage multiple projects and roles in a data organization? Our in-house development team is looking for a senior data platform architect to build a first-class data platform serving data analytics and enabling artificial intelligence across all of Commonwealth. You will also enforce data management best practices, data standards, data management policies, and rules across different functional areas of the company.
- Creating the future data and analytic architecture platform; generating data management artifacts, including data models, data dictionaries, data catalogues, data flows, extract, transform, and load (ETL) source-to-target mappings, and testing use cases
- Implementing a data and analytics platform; providing a systematic process or framework to access and share data across business units
- Developing conceptual, logical, and physical data models, based on business requirements, to support applications from business units
- Maintaining enterprise data catalog and dictionary; collaborating with data governance and data stewards for the data and analytics platform
- Participating in cloud data warehouse implementation; data model design, ETL process coding, data archiving, and recovery
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies for data management, storage, and analytics
- Understanding the enterprise data ecosystem and how the separate components fit together to create the future data and analytic architecture platform
- Providing technical direction and input for the Data Product Management team and business units
- Developing and maintaining data warehouse ETL processes to solve complex data problems, including performance, scalability, security, and integration issues
- Analyzing data flows of various systems (i.e., software components, technologies, business processes); incorporating this knowledge into various data applications
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams
- Comfortable working within agile methodologies; experience using JIRA and Azure DevOps as continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Skilled at working independently with minimal supervision; can organize and prioritize tasks efficiently to meet deadlines and goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communications, accountability, and time management capabilities
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment using agile methodologies
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of enterprise data management solutions and platforms (i.e., MDM, data governance, metadata management, ETL, data quality management, data warehouse management)
- Experience with Azure cloud technology and SQL, Profisee, and Snowflake
- Involvement with Python and data science technologies are a plus
- A minimum of 10 years of data management experience within a large company
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Working knowledge of code migration practices, database changes, and various stages of data sets through the development life cycle
- Coding and system skills to maintain SQL databases, SSIS, SSRS, packages, SQL Agent jobs, stored procedures, and linked servers
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
Picture Yourself Here
Imagine keeping company with big thinkers and even bigger doers who share a common purpose to make a profound difference. Figure in an experience-it-to-believe-it culture, massive growth potential, and benefits galore, and you get the full impression.
We are committed to providing a supportive, equitable environment where you can bring your full, authentic self to your work every day and truly thrive in meaningful ways—personally and professionally. At Commonwealth, everyone plays a part in our success story. And in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we are broadening our perspectives and capabilities. Together, our potential is limitless. We invite you to join us on the path to a brighter future!
Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser, provides a suite of business solutions that empowers more than 2,000 independent financial advisors nationwide. J.D. Power ranks Commonwealth “#1 in Independent Advisor Satisfaction Among Financial Investment Firms, Eight Times in a Row.” Privately held since 1979, the firm has headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
Turning our advisors into raving fans starts by doing the same for our employees. We foster an environment of excellence, growth, rewards, and fun in equal measure, so our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work. Our refreshing workplace culture has earned us 43 Best Place to Work awards—and counting.
The Fine Print
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer, making intentional efforts to source the very best talent from all backgrounds.