Are you an experienced manager with a software development background who wants to focus on driving modern front-end efficiencies, and highly responsive web application design? Are you driven to work collaboratively with product teams to create and support rich, interactive applications that help end users manage their workflows and processes? In this opportunity on the Application Solutions team, you will use agile processes to deliver desired functionality quickly. You will partner on all aspects of development, from UX planning to deployment for applications in Commonwealth’s application portfolio.
As a full-stack software development manager, you will bring strong solution architecture understanding and a solid understanding of micro-services, and cloud platform service consumption for optimal design and application component re-use within our operational unit.
- Management of life cycle software development including design, development, testing, and support providing solutions to complex business problems by utilizing Commonwealth's modern tech stack
- Leading the maintenance and solutioning of multiple websites, facilitating maximum self-service development for end user content updates
- Driving reusable code and libraries for future use
- Choreographing front-end and server sided development activities, helping to grow and foster skill set levels traversing the tech stack
- Understanding user requirements, propose solutions, and perform design and analysis prior to development
- Working with teams to integrate applications using API-led and Cloud-first architectural design patterns with in-house custom applications and third-party SaaS providers
- Leading vendor contract and full-time developers on providing appropriate guidance and oversight, ensuring alignment with partners within technology and greater business teams
- Helping to develop career arcs and growth of rebuilding engineering team
- Facilitating and guide code reviews and solution design sessions
- Working in a highly collaborative, mission-driven, agile environment across multiple product teams
- Consulting with developers, info sec, and solution and enterprise architects to evaluate and develop product specifications and optimal solutions
- Tracking project status and communicating progress effectively to internal management and external stakeholders
- Assisting to oversee web testing services, inclusive of unit, functional, and scalability testing
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and design approach to development
- A proven ability to translate key business requirements into application design
- Working knowledge of private clouds such as Azure and OpenStack
- Ability to think abstractly, comfortable dealing with ambiguous or undefined problems
- Familiarity with agile software development processes, including Scrum
- Working knowledge of continuous integration (CI) platforms (Azure DevOps) and source control systems (GitHub)
- Working knowledge of common architectural patterns, design patterns, and best practices
- Working knowledge with cloud deployment and modern DevOps tools and practices
- Ability to create and review architectural diagrams, flowcharts, and road maps to identify completeness, areas of concern, and use of best practices
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, as well as changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of programming experience in C#, including ASP.NET, web services, MVC, WFP apps, and Web APIs
- Experience working in financial services and/or a regulated environment a plus
- Experience leading development team(s)– designing, developing, configuring, implementing, and managing websites and applications
- Prior system or application integration experience with third party products like Salesforce, MuleSoft, Azure Service Hub
- Programming experience with stored procedures, Entity Framework, or similar ORM frameworks
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests using Visual Studio, NUnit, or similar frameworks
- Experience visualizing UIs and the ability to customize components to fit the application
- Experience building and deploying Azure Applications
- Experience with relational databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
Picture Yourself Here
Imagine keeping company with big thinkers and even bigger doers who share a common purpose to make a profound difference. Figure in an experience-it-to-believe-it culture, massive growth potential, and benefits galore, and you get the full impression.
We are committed to providing a supportive, equitable environment where you can bring your full, authentic self to your work every day and truly thrive in meaningful ways—personally and professionally. At Commonwealth, everyone plays a part in our success story. And in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we are broadening our perspectives and capabilities. Together, our potential is limitless. We invite you to join us on the path to a brighter future!
Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser, provides a suite of business solutions that empowers more than 2,000 independent financial advisors nationwide. J.D. Power ranks Commonwealth “#1 in Independent Advisor Satisfaction Among Financial Investment Firms, Seven Times in a Row.” Privately held since 1979, the firm has headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California.
Turning our advisors into raving fans starts by doing the same for our employees. We foster an environment of excellence, growth, rewards, and fun in equal measure, so our employees genuinely enjoy coming to work. Our refreshing workplace culture has earned us 43 Best Place to Work awards—and counting.
The Fine Print
We care about your online safety as a prospective employee and encourage you to exercise caution when responding to job postings online. Commonwealth will never ask potential hiring candidates to pay or transfer funds as a precondition of interviews or employment, nor will we authorize recruiters or agents to do so on our behalf.
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer, making intentional efforts to source the very best talent from all backgrounds.